I haven't updated in quite a while so I thought I'd better post a note and fill ya'all in. January has been quite a month for our family! It started out with a fun New Years party with friends and a pack of kids .... good times. And ended with me recovering from a very unexpected surgery .... not such good times, but VERY blessed!
Due to some complications from an ectopic pregnancy I had my second surgery in 2 weeks on January 6th. It was an emotional time filled with a lot of help from so many. The 2nd surgery was similar to a c-section type surgery so I was warned that I would be down for a while! Our great friends here, helped so much with the kids, and meals while I was in the hospital for 5 days. We have a fantastic Ward and really great friends here! So much help and love, and concern we are so grateful! Wes was able to get a few days off of school and be home with the kids, getting them off to school and being around to pick them up. He turned into Mr. Mom I was really impressed. Reagan was a big help too as she usually is. As I say "everyone needs a Reagan!"
Then we were blessed even more to have my Mom fly in the day after I got home from the hospital and stay for 10 days. And the day my Mom left Wes's Mom flew in and also stayed for 10 days! WOW We couldn't have done it without the Mom's! Wes is in school full time and is very busy between his studies and the OR. We are all so thankful for their help tending after me, and taking care of the kids, and the house. They just jumped in and took care of things so I could get better ..... Wow! What would we do without Mom's/Grandma's? They love and serve all their lives, such wonderful Women!
Now I am on the upswing and felling much better everyday! Reagan and Wes are still helping me tons and the boys are trying not to jump on me if possible.
We have had a lot of love and support sent our way through this tough time and I am really appreciative of it all! The Lord has blessed us so much spiritually, emotionally and physically from the very beginning!
Thank You, We love you all!
2 comments:
I was wondering what was going on from your FB status updates. I am so sorry you had to go through 2 surgeries, a loss and a tough recovery. Thank goodness for all the help you got. Good luck with the rest of your recovery!
PS tell Wes that Jared hasn't forgot about his sweatshirt. He was talking about it the other morning at breakfast.
well continue to rest! you need to get better!
Post a Comment